What data do I collect and why?
When you first contact me, I collect:
- Your name
- Your email address, so that I can communicate with you
After this, I may then collect:
- Project details, such as a sample and file length, so that I can offer a quote or any other advice
If you decide to use my services, I will then ask to collect:
- Your postal address to use in invoices, fulfilling my obligations with the HMRC
- The work itself and any other documents required for it
How is the data collected?
I collect data through email, using Google.
Where is the data stored?
Your data is stored:
- In my password-protected Gmail account, using Google
- On the hard disk of my password-protected computer
What data is stored outside the EU?
Google’s servers are based in the US but comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield.
How long do I store the data?
I will store your data for five years after January 31st of the relevant tax year for accounting purposes. Please see the HMRC’s website for more information on this.
If you would like me to delete or amend it after this time, please contact me to do this. If you would like me to delete or amend it during this time, I will do what I can while still complying with HMRC requirements.
What data will be shared?
I will share your data with HMRC if audited.
Otherwise, I will only share your data when you agree to this in writing.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer which allows my website to identify your computer.
If you have any further questions or would like to request deletion or amendment of your data, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This policy was last updated on the 22nd May 2018.